I’m hunkered down in one of my favorite haunts, trying to beat back the blues that this cold, gray, and rainy day are bringing out. (Honestly, after 21 days of rain in April... I’m just *over* this weather! Especially since May hasn’t been much better.) I had hoped to write at least one other time this week... but it’s been NUTSO around here. So instead, I’ll be doing a five on Friday and catching up on my blog reader instead.
With that said, let’s go!
1. This has been a week full of “people-ing” for me. This is NOT my strong suit... I’m an introvert by heart and this has been both a challenge and something I’m really proud of. A week ago I had a doctor’s appointment, a difficult client meeting, and volunteering at school for four hours. That was followed by a day of quilt guild leadership on Saturday, and Sunday was spent at the school as a volunteer for the largest fundraiser of the year. (And that day was spent outside in the cold, rainy weather.) Follow that insane weekend up with back to back days involved in the schools (both on site and as a field trip chaperone) and all I want to do is... zzzzz...
2. We close on our new place on Monday. This should be exciting, but it’s really not. (At least not for me.) We are renting back to the seller’s for 6 weeks and that really feels like a “whomp-whomp” to me. While I’ll be happy to be over this hurdle... I’m struggling to find the redecorating excitement I’ve had in home purchases past.
3. That doesn’t mean I’m not spending way too much time at the paint store and on the joybird website though... My crucial mistake was not measuring rooms when we were at the house for the inspection. It really makes planning hard. I’m not sure if my excitement level would be higher if I had that info... but maybe. This house WILL be “Mid Century made Modern” when we’re done with it though!
4. When I stopped in the Y today, they handed me a “daily intentions” bookmark. The list was amazing and dead on. This is not the last you will hear of this, I’m sure... especially given that I’m feeling extra-drained and in need of assurances. (More so than normal.)
5. The rest of the day will be spent on work, trying to catch up, errands, and doing laundry. I’m not actually sure I have it in me to do all that... but if I can knock out the work, I’ll be happy! I’m hoping the weekend is more productive for me...
I’m closing out this post with a photo I took on the field trip. Kind of wanting to channel my inner sloth today... but powering through!